Chill Vibes

Tuesday, May 9, 2017

Dear Grandpa and Grandma,

Hello there! I'm writing a letter to my grandparents. I honestly don't know how to start off honestly LOL There's so much I want to say so I'll just type it out here and copy and paste it onto Word, print it, and then send it to them. They helped my family and I in so many ways. I honestly don't know how to repay them back for all the kindness and love they gave to me. I'm hoping that becoming a doctor will make them proud.

So, here it is.

Dear Grandpa and Grandma,

Hello! I hope that you two have been healthy and doing well lately. It's that spring season right now when the weather's been having its good and bad days. Spring has its surprises like the weather. I hope the weather is pleasant where you two are.

I want to thank both of you for and helping my family and I with love and support, especially with the checks. College is very expensive haha. I really appreciate the words that were also in the letters with the checks. Something that I like to think about is that: Money is a consumer item that can be no longer be used after it's gone. Words can be used over and over again because they sometimes hold a sentimental value which is something that can't be measured, even with money. They have the power to inspire and create change.

San Francisco has taught me so much about life. I feel like I'm growing up and maturing the more time I spend here. Living in San Francisco and being a student at San Francisco State University taught me more than what's in the textbook or during 8AM lectures or in labs. I discovered more about myself and what I want out of life.

I spend at lot of my time going downtown or exploring more of San Francisco. It expanded my world a little bit since I would normally be tied down to wherever my parents went or where my friends wanted to hang out. But being on my own in college, I had the freedom to go around and be by myself. It was a good feeling of independence. Not the rebellious or empowerment kind but a sense of self. I become more aware of myself and my surroundings.

I also had time to think about my future occupation. At first I was settled with Nursing because I realized how much I love to learn about everything that relates to medicine, specifically with neurology. I became fascinated with how the nervous system works, especially the human brain. There's still so much more to discover about it.

Being the ambitious person that I am, I wondered if it was possible for me to become a doctor, specifically a neurosurgeon. I believe that I have the potential to do so, but I need to get my life together and decide if whether or not I want to choose this career. I gave the idea some thought and I chose to do my best to become a neurosurgeon. There will be a lot of sacrifices to make but I think it'll be worth it in the long run. Besides, working in the medical field goes along with my personal morals so that I wouldn't feel guilty about what I do for a living.

So now I've said everything about my experience in San Francisco so far. I have no regrets coming to San Francisco State. It really is the perfect school for me as a college undergrad. Thank you both again for supporting me and loving me throughout my life. I hope to make you both and my family proud someday!

With love,

Melissa

No comments:

Post a Comment