Chill Vibes

Friday, December 1, 2017

I'll open up a little to love

I'm scared of love. I've made that very clear in some of my posts before, but I think I'm kinda opening up to it... Slightly...

The thing that drives me to open up a little bit to it is how some of my friends in serious relationships talk about it. They talk about love for the other person and not themselves. What I mean by that is when people explain why they want to be in a relationship. I've heard reasons where people are in relationships because they don't want to end up lonely. With that reason, it's about the him, her, or themselves. Then there's people that want to be in a relationships because of the other person. Now it's about the other person and not his, her, or themselves.

I like that. Being in love because you love that person instead of not wanting to feel lonely.

Being in love because you love that person instead of not wanting to feel lonely. Now in that statement, it's thinking about it positively, not negatively. To me, you should love someone as a positive thing instead of something negative.

I'll open up to love a little bit because I want to love as a positive reason. Besides, I'm technically not lonely if I don't have a love life. I still have my friends and family. But I want to fall in love because I love him, not because I feel lonely.

I'm still hesitant to let myself love someone again but I'm ok with thinking about it.

I want to love someone that makes me feel safe, content, and comfortable. I'm tired of feeling anxious around someone I like.

No comments:

Post a Comment